Saturday, December 3, 2011

2011 Buick Discovery Tour

So another year, another opportunity to attend the Buick Discovery Tour event at the Loews Atlanta Hotel.
It was a great turn out and I was hungry, lol! So let's start covering the line up;

Pastry chef of Moto restaurant (Chicago), Ben Roche had a wild sense on desserts!

Ben Roche making Bacon flavored ice cream with liquid nitrogen

Honestly I admire his take on fun, mad scientist take desserts. The bacon flavored ice cream (bacon, maple syrup, sage, and cream) was awesome to me... but I love bacon. There was a mixed review from others but hey, to each's own. I would have loved to have a "Gotta Have It" sized order with bacon crumbles sprinkled on top! And maybe I slice of bacon to use as a spoon... too much? 


left: s'mores bomb, right: bacon ice cream sample

Now a lot of people enjoyed the S'mores Bomb dessert. Me, not so much. The concept was awesome and inventive and you set the wick on fire (how cool is that?!) but when I bit into it and it exploded in my mouth... lets just say warm milk with soggy graham cracker was not "da bomb".

CeeCee and her bacon ice cream


Buick Enclave

Of course we got to test drive the new 2012 Buick models including the Lacrosse, Regal, and Enclave. Honestly Buick has steeped their game up once again and has shown that it is not for the 50+ crowd anymore!


 Hugh Archeson, chef/partner of Empire State South in Atlanta
Hugh Archeson

It was great to meet the former Top Chef Masters contestant that everyone loved to hate. He made a simple roasted carrot & beet salad with feta, pulled parsley and cumin vinaigrette.




On to my favorite part! I LOVE wine so when I heard not only was the hilarious, booze informative Michael Green was coming and discussing it I was beyond happy.


Now I know about pairing wine with food, but never thought of it along the basic level of just cheese and lemon. An awesome experience of learning not just how wine can compliment food, but how food can change the taste of wine.


CeeCee, Micheal Green, Me

Ming Tsai was the celebrity chef and shared his knowledge of East-West cuisine.
Ming Tsai

cooking demonstration


Chicken and Tri-Bell Pepper Chow Mein


Sweet and Sour Mango Pork


CeeCee, Ming Tsai, and Me

We had a GREAT time at the event and of course we didn't walk away empty handed! We got an autographed copy of Ming Tsai book "Simply Ming One-Pot Meals". Guess its time to dust off the wok and get to cooking! Love you guys and don't forget, question, comment, & subscribe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment